Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Christmas stars

Greetings to all my blogging friends.
In 5 months I guess we will just about have all our Christmas cards, made and posted. I hope for me that will be the case. Well here is another card to add to the collection.



This is what I did.
Paper: White cardstock, matted red Bazzil and then white card which had been put through the cuttlebug stars folder.
Christmas tree cut with a Nellie Snellen MFD
The Image is from Digi4joy, stamped on water colour paper, coloured with a combination of aquarelles, twinkling H2O's and distress ink pads. Some of the bows and ribbons have stickles, frosted lace or icicles, this is mounted on 3D foam pads.
Sentiment: a local company Great impressions.

I am entering this in a number of challenges:
Simon Says Stamp challenge...Anything goes... They are trying to reach a 1000 submissions this week.
The Outlawz... Monday greeting card... Christmas in July
Digi4Joy... Christmas ....snow and ice
Charisma Cards... It's in the stars
Craftyhazelnuts Christmas Challenge ... Seeing stars

Enjoy the rest of the week everyone. We are supposed to be having some nice warm days. Hope they are right.

10 comments:

Hazel said...

This is a super card - love the embossed stars background. Thank you for joining in my CHNC challenge 29 - hope to see you again soon. x

Vee said...

This is a really lovely card. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Ursula, what a fantastic card. I love the image and your embossed star background looks amazing. Thanks for joining us at charisma cardz challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Christine said...

Beautiful card!! Love the embossed stars on the base. It's never too early to start your Christmas cards. Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog!!
xoxo, Christine

camcraft said...

Just love your embossed background. I do have this embossing folder but as yet not used it. I really like the tree and gifts, especially like how the gifts stand out against the background.
Carole x

Petra said...

Love that embossing Ursula, havn't even thought of any christmas cards myself yet....

Monica said...

Those gifts look so sweet, Ursula... love your card. The embossing looks perfect as a starry backdrop. Creative to the core!

xxx Monica

Riet said...

Wat een prachtige kaart Ursula.

Liefs Riet.

Curt in Indy said...

I love how you did the embossing on this!! That is such a clever idea. I just wish I could get myself to do Christmas cards before winter, but I have no will to do them! LOL Best, Curt

Ellis said...

Wonderful card!
Thanks for joining us at Digistamps4joy!
Hugs, Elenor