Monday, July 11, 2011

Invitation to tea in the bush


Well another weekend gone and a new week ahead. Hope it will be a good one for you all. Firstly a big welcome to some new friends that have joined my blog. It is always lovely to have more friends join, hope you will see something you like and I love to hear from you.

Today's card is an achievement for me, as it is the first one I have cut with my new Cricut. Still trying to learn all about it, but slowly getting there. This is again an entry for Challenges by AR theme "wild Prints". I won this file for the teacup from Creations by AR and decided to make it into a cup of "bush tea", which in South Africa is a very popular tea...Roobos Tea.
I am also entering it into the CAS-ual Fridays challenge..shaped card.
The DP is from a local company, Paper explosion... Safari collection..leopard trail.
The sentiment was computer generated, and the teabag coloured with tea dye ink.
I also have the file for a teapot, but will use that another time.

Enjoy your week, whatever you may be doing

17 comments:

Jenny said...

A very clever card, love the colour and pattern on the cup too :)
Jenny x

chilli pip said...

Thanks for all your great comments Ursula.You are certainly getting adventurous.This card is so different, hope you are lucky with the challenges
Please let me know your opinion on the cricut once you have experimented a bit.have a great week x

Pop's Cards said...

This is gorgeous sweetie, i love my cricut but not got to grips with it properly just yet, love this hugs pops x

Tertia said...

Very clever! Somehow, I think I am a bad South African because I hate Rooibos tea. My mother always made me drink it when I was sick, so the smell makes me feel sick now. LOL

Lolis said...

This is so cuuuute! I love how you did the tea bag with the paw print!

Cole Meyer said...

Wonderfully done!

Unknown said...

Ursula, this is just wonderful! Glad to see you using this tea cup! Thanks for joining us at Challenges by AR!

Virginia L. said...

Beautifully done! Fantastic idea and execution! Love that cup of tea! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Axes DesigNs said...

Ursula you did a great job with your cricut.. All the templates from Creations by AR are so easy to cut... Thanks for playing along with us.

Magdalena

TenSGal said...

I love how you did this, Ursula! Such a pretty card! Have fun with your Cricut!

Roxann said...

Ursula, this is darling! so creative!! I met you at The Outlawz and we are both at Paper Craft Planet!
Hugz,
Roxann

Anonymous said...

This tea cup is beautiful! Love the colors and the tea bag sticking up :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Laura Davis said...

Super cute!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Jaclyn Miller said...

This is one "wild" card! ;) Love the detail of that little paw print on the tea bag and well, the tea bag itself is just too cute. So glad you have joined us this week at CAS-ual Fridays.

Vicki G said...

Such a pretty creation~ Thanks for playing along with us~

Vicki

Maria said...

Wonderful teacup! Love what you did. thanks for playing along with us.

Lori said...

Pretty project! Love the little paw print embellishment on the tea bag. Thanks for playing along with us at Challenges by AR!