Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Week 3 new colours



Good morning friends,

Today's card is using the colours from week 3 of the Card Camp. I am rather behind, just don't know who is stealing my time...LOL.


This card was made for the Outlawz Sunday CAS challenge. I decided to use the colours from card camp. We were to use only stamps, any kind, rubber, digital, but no DP. A real challenge!!!
Here is what I have done.

Paper: Card is all Bazzil...brown, cream and taupe.
Image: Great Impressions, a local company. Firstly I used a piece of mesh and rubbed over that with a Colour box chalk - Alabaster, all over the brown card for a background. I then stamped the image twice with Versafine Vintage Sepia, and cut out the dragonfly from the second one. Coloured that with fired brick distress pad and brushed some Twinkling H20.. garnet over, just for a bit of glimmer. Mounted that with 3D squares.
Sentiment also stamped with the same inkpad onto a piece of tapue card and trimmed with a fancy edge scissors.

12 comments:

Sharon said...

A lovely card Ursula. I also have this stamp and have used it before as a background image on one of my Tilda cards. hugs Sharon

chilli pip said...

Lovely card Ursula, I like the way you have mounted it on mesh, x

Riet said...

Wat een prachtige kaart Ursula.

Liefs Riet.

Curt in Indy said...

The wings on this dragonfly are amazing! You did such a beautiful job on this. Wow! What a beautiful card. Great job on this! Best, Curt

ThePurplePlace said...

Hi Ursula - I think you are doing great and you picked the perfect colors. For me, this is a hard week and as these colors are not typically I use, but that's what makes it even MORE of a challenge!!

I'm so happy I took this workshop and totally LOVE it!! It's been wonderful and I hope they'll continue to have more in the future!!!

See you at Camp!! :)

Lis

Tina said...

Very nice card!!! I love the mesh part of the card!! The dragonfly just pops off the card!Found you on the Outlawz and am now following you.

Cyndi said...

You are so creative. Everyting I've seen that you have made is just wonderful. I'm not familiar with Twinkling H20. Will have to explore that item.

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Pretty Dragonfly card. Especially like the detail work on the Dragonfly image.

Cole Meyer said...

Outstanding job, Ursula. If everyone had your talent all the DP companies would go out of business.

Amanda said...

What a lovely card Ursula! I too have this stamp but don't use it often enough. You have done a great job with this card - like all your other creations :-)
Have a great day!

Monica said...

What a superb creation that is, Ursula! Your dragonfly is impressive and all that texture looks so becoming.

Thanks for visiting me and leaving kind comments.

xxx Monica

Anonymous said...

Wow, stunning card, Ursula. Wonderful job on the dragonfly - really beautiful!
Amelia x