Saturday, February 23, 2013

Shaker card

Good evening friends,
I didn't think I would still get a chance to show a card tonight, but here I am. Had a busy day doing a class this morning and then went and had lunch with the family as it was my granddaughter Kellie's birthday.
We have had such very hot weather the last 10 days, with temps soaring to 30 to 32 deg. and no rain. I am just so tired at the end of the day, but it won't last too much longer I am sure, as long as we can get some rain, as the garden is really suffering and we are spraying but it isn't enough.

This card  I made for a class last week and haven't had a chance to post it here yet. I hadn't made a shaker card in ages, but needed samples for class, and making it was fun .


For the background in the shaker box I used a new embossing folder with butterflies and added a little colour with distress inkpads. I used a variety of memory box dies..birds and flowers, butterfly punch and flower punches in the shaker box. The tree is a Marianne die, and the sentiment is from Justrite stampers.

A, entering the following challenges:

Craft Catz challenge...Dies and punches
Inspire me Fridays #97...Anything goes
Make it Monday...Anything goes
Crafting by Designs...Anything goes
Ruby's Rainbow challenge #48...In the garden

Hope to see you back soon, have a wonderful weekend and take care.
Love, Ursula






10 comments:

Jackie C said...

Ursula, love this, it's gorgeous xx

Desire Fourie said...

Beautiful shaker card. Loving the soft colour tobes. Yes its been uncomfortably hot here in Jhb. The temperature yesterday was 34oC at mid day. Hopefully it will get cooler from March.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a wonderful shaker card Ursula.

greetings karin

lalkygirl said...

what a fab shaker card ,love that tree
thanks for joining ua at MIM and good luck
tracey x

Basslady said...

a magnificent shaker card! i love the shapes on it!

thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Debbie said...

Such a stunning shaker card.Beautiful frame die and love the tree.Gorgeous elements.Thanks for joining in with us over at Ruby's Rainbow.Good luck.Hugs Debbie x

Riet said...

Wat een schitterende kaart Ursula.

Liefs Riet.xx

Michelle said...

What a great card! The shaker is awesome and the card makes me think of Spring! I saw it on Make it Monday, and I'm glad that I did! :)

Sandra said...

Lovely card Ursula!! Love that frame die!
Hugs,sandra

Julia said...

Gorgeous creation, love your colors and the image.
Thanks for joining us at Crafting By Designs.
Hugs,
Julia