Tuesday, September 29, 2015

The Outlawz colour challenge, but no card.


Good morning friends,

Once again it is a beautiful day here in the southern part of Africa and I would love to welcome my new followers. I hope you will be back to visit often and do let me know what you thin, I love to read all your comments.

This week  the Colour challenge at The Outlawz is being hosted by my teamie Heather.

She has chosen the South African flag as her colour palette, and of course that excites me no end, as that is my country's flag. All you have to do is make a project using these colours and there is no extra twist.

Our sponsor for the last time this week is All Dressed Up.  Most of the DT have used one of their images, but I decided to leave out an image this week, as I had something else I wanted to try with these colours.





I have been doing some quilling on and off for the last few years, but for some time now I have been so inspired by the work of some quilling artists and one in particular just amazes me with her beautiful work. The work that Otilla does is truly mind blowing and you can see some of it HERE.

I have made a map of Africa, using some quilling shapes to fill it in. I decided to put it onto a small canvas. (I have a number of these gathering dust in my cupboard) and coloured the background with shades of blue for the sea, and some browns for the land.With some gell medium I created a bit of a design on the canvas.

The words are taken from a poem written by John Nox Bokwe and it has been set to music. It has been recorded by several choral groups and soloists. One of our African sopranos sings this so beautifully and it just moves me every time I listen to it. HERE is a rendition of this beautiful prayer if you would like to here it.


I do hope you like my little African canvas, and I would love to see you enter our challenge using these lovely colours.

Now to enter some challenges:
Come and Get It...Clerar it out...use a stash item..The canvas
Eclectic Ellapu...Anything goes
That Craft Place...Mixed Media...Anything goes
We Love to Create #20...Anything mixed media/Creative goes
Word Art Wednesday #202...Anything goes.. Hope this qualifies
Inspiration Destination #52...Anything goes
Crafts 4 Eternity #245...Water
Crafting with Friends #7...Anything goes
Simply Papercraft #...14...Anything goes
Crafting from the Heart #79...Anything goes
Craft your Passion #281...Anything goes
Not Just Cards #24...Anything goes
Crafty Girls Creations #5...Anything goes
Crafting with an Attitude #7...Anything goes
Crafts Galore Encore...Anything goes
DL.ART Linky challenge ...Anything goes
Sisters of Craft ...Anything goes
Rhedd's Creative Spirit ...Any Mixed Media
Through the Craftroom Door...Anything goes

I hope you all have a great week, as this is the last week of September, I just can't believe that there are only 3 months of the year left.  Take care and see you soon.

Love Ursula

14 comments:

DIANA L. said...

This is so BEAUTIFUL YOUR QUILLING IS AMAZING AND the colors are fantastic I love it.
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes SEPTEMBER Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.

DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
DL.ART
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Terri's Cards N More said...

Beautiful canvas. Love the quilling on the map of Africa. Very clever. Thanks for joining the Crafting With An Attitude challenge.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful work Ursula and the sentiment prayer is so very beautiful, I can see why it would move you.

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion, good luck!!! Amy DT

Sandra Wright. said...

Such an unusual theme...it really is a fabulous canvas.
Thank you for joining us over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit...x

Mari said...

Such a beuautiful job! Your quilling is amazing. Thanks for playing with us at Crafting with an Attitude :) xx Mari

My Side of Oz said...

Love quilling and this is so unique a project! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month! Nanette, DT

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous quilled map of Africa and love the prayer----Thank you for joining us at Crafting From The Heart
Carol DT x

Judy McKay said...

Stunning. Love the design and sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Come and get It this week. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

applejack cards by sue said...

How lovely with all that beautiful quilling. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Crafty Girls Creations. Sue DT xx

Anonymous said...

It looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing and joining us at Craft Your Passion.
Myriam (DT)

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

Fabulous work of craft! Great quilling and that is really a beautiful map I have ever seen Ursula. Your canvas is so stunning and very patriotic too! I'm delighted to see your work entered in the ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door. Please join us again this week. Have fun creating :)
Hugs&Smiles,
Asmah
TTCRD DT
Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}

Karen Petitt said...

Ursula this is wonderful! Love the background you created and the prayer is lovely. Your quilling skills amaze me! An absolutely stunning canvas hun - you need to get more of them out to play with Karen x

Katie said...

Awesome project and love the background. Thank you for playing along with That Craft Place